Research the topic of performance management and training for an organization of your choice. Performance management includes the supervision of employees and ongoing goal setting, training, and measurement to meet individual and organizational objectives. A minimum of five resources are required to support your work.
Choose an organization to use for this assessment. It can be where you are currently employed or a company with which you are familiar. It must be an organization that is researchable, as you will need to gather and analyze information to complete the assessment. You may use the same organization for the other assessments in this course.
If you choose the organization where you are currently employed, please keep in mind that the analyses you make must be based on facts that can be documented rather than your personal opinion as an employee.
Contact your faculty if you have questions.
Write a research paper based on your research into the performance management system, which includes training, of the chosen organization. In your paper:
- Describe the performance management system currently in place.
- Explain the formal and informal performance feedback processes.
- Analyze best practices to improve employee performance.
- Analyze the importance of training to meet organizational needs and performance goals.
- What should be considered in designing an effective training program?
- Explain how training and performance management protect an organization from possible litigation.
Note: You must address all the required elements of this assessment. If details for any of the bulleted points are unavailable, research the topic and present recommendations you believe would be best for the organization, along with your supporting rationale.