Research Proposal Paper Due
What is a research proposal?
The purpose of a research proposal is to identify and formulate questions that arise from nursing practice and to design a research project to study the identified problem. The goal of a research proposal is to present and justify a research idea you have and to present the practical ways in which you think this research should be conducted. Research proposals contain extensive literature reviews and must provide persuasive evidence that there is a need for the proposed research study. In addition to providing a rationale for the proposed research, a proposal describes detailed methodology for conducting the research consistent with requirements of the professional or academic field and a statement on anticipated outcomes and/or benefits derived from the study.
Write a research proposal using your clinical question formulated earlier in the course that was approved by your instructor. This may be either a qualitative or quantitative research proposal. Your proposal must include APA formatting. The proposal should be a 6–10 in length plus appendices cover page, and reference page. The appendices should include your survey instrument created in week 6. You will be presenting your research proposal in a 6–8 minute recorded presentation in week 8.
- Clearly stated problem and purpose of the study
- Independent and dependent variables
- Definition of terms
- Assumptions, hypothesis, or questions (depending on research type)
- Description of the theoretical framework to be utilized
- Identification of the concepts to be explored
- Rationale for choosing framework
Review of the literature
- At least four scholarly sources included
- Appropriateness of the review and the proposal focus
- Inclusion of primary or secondary sources
- Description of study type (quantitative or qualitative)
- Description of study design
- Rationale for the use of the selected design
- Inclusion of sample size, type, sampling method, inclusion/exclusion criteria, setting, data collection method (instrument), and data collection process
- Method for Protection of Human Subjects (consent)
- Questionnaire and consent forms must be included as appendices
- Data analysis method is appropriate for study design.
- Method of data analysis is clearly stated.
- Method for displaying findings is stated.
Applicability to Nursing
- Research focuses on a problem significant to nursing.
- Research would contribute to nursing knowledge.
- Proposal is complete so that another researcher could replicate the study.
- Statement about areas of nursing that would benefit from this study.