Helping Those in Need
For your Final Paper, you will select a target population from the following list:
- Women and children
- African Americans
- Mentally ill
Your Final Paper must include the following:
- Research and examine the history of social welfare policy as it pertains to this population, discussing their specific needs from a social welfare program. Have they been oppressed or discriminated against, suffered from lack of income or homelessness, or have they had other needs, such as access to healthcare?
- Identify the laws that have been passed and programs put into place that have either helped or restricted their access to care and support.
- Identify the philosophical attitudes and perspectives that have led to either the support or lack of understanding for and marginalizing of this group.
- Identify the types of resources currently available in your area for this population.
- Discuss any relevant personal experiences or insights you have had relating to this population, if applicable.
- Explain the types of roles that human service workers perform in working with this population. Highlight the characteristics of the human service workers that would be necessary for their position.
- Discuss the types of interventions or strategies that are beneficial.
- Include a discussion of how you feel this population could be better served and list at least two ways in which a human service worker could work as an agent for change on their behalf.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
e. Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your Final Paper must include a minimum of five scholarly sources.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
My target population I want this paper to be on is veterans.