twelfth night in the era of digital communication
Twelfth Night in the Era of Digital Communication
For this assignment, students will be required to select a single character for who they will chart the characterâ€™s attitudes, behaviors, and thoughts throughout the play. To do so students will fabricate a digital relationship between the character and another individual or individuals with whom the character will communicate to relay the events of a given scene. This communication may be via text, social media, messaging, etc.
Ask yourself, what is it this particular character would say about the events of a given scene to someone who was not present?
This assignment must do the following:
- Select a character from the approved list below.
- Include at least one message per scene in which the character appears (multiple texts should the given scene call for it).
- Define the medium of the message (if relevant).
- Define who the recipient(s) of the message are.
- Provide a brief (5-7 sentences) explanation that describes:
- why the message makes sense for the character in the context of the play
- why the specific recipient(s) are chosen
- and why the medium is important.
- Sir Toby
- Sir Andrew
4 to 5 pages