You are assisting a defense attorney who is defending a murder suspect. A variety of biological and other physical evidence was collected at the crime scene, and the attorney needs your assistance to evaluate the evidence and decide how to proceed in the trial. The prosecution intends to present the following items as evidence in the trial:
- Strands of hair found at the crime scene that seem to match the defendant.
- Drops of blood that match the defendant’s blood type.
- Soil found in the victim’s apartment that matches soil found on the defendant’s shoes at the time of arrest.
- Carpet fibers taken from the defendant’s socks after arrest, which seem to match the carpet in the victim’s home.
Prepare a 3-5 page report in Microsoft Word for the attorney. In the report, cover the following:
- An overview of these types of evidence.
- Methods of collecting each type of evidence.
- Reliability of each type of evidence.
- Examples to support the evaluation of each type of evidence.
Support your responses with examples. Cite any sources using the APA format on a separate page.