The Skeletomuscular System
The skeletomuscular system allows us to move through the environment using different modes including walking, running, eating, typing on a computer, and even driving a car. But sometimes accidents happen, like a slip on the ice resulting in a broken wrist, or a long run leading to achy joints.
Respond to the two topics below for this unit’s Discussion.
- Many of us know someone who has broken (or fractured) a bone, whether it is a wrist, ankle, or hip.
- What are the different types of bone fractures?
- How does bone remodel itself?
- What are the different ways a doctor may treat a fractured bone?
- Have you or someone you know had a fracture? How was it treated? What was the outcome?
- John is training for a marathon and recently he has been experiencing knee pain. He subsequently went to the doctor for a diagnosis.
- What are the possible diagnoses for his knee pain?
- What is the structure and function of the synovial joint of the knee?
- What is knee synovitis?
- What might the doctor recommend to John to treat his symptoms?
- What are some holistic approaches to treating his symptoms?