The Health Care Scene: Contemporary Trends, health and medicine homework help
HCA459: Senior Project
TOPIC/TREND: As an administrator, address the challenges of employee recruitment and retention of health care professionals. Additional subtopics may include trends in the nursing workforce, shortage of primary care physicians, staff turnover, retention, and staffing patterns.
For this assignment, focus on a specific contemporary trend in health care and be sure to include all of the following influences:
- Changes in client characteristics
- Regulation of the health care industry
- Reimbursement patterns and mandates
- Restructuring of health care organizations
- Impact of technology
- Ongoing social and ethical factors
Address the information above as it pertains to your selected topic, in an eight to ten slide (excluding title and reference slides) PowerPoint presentation.
Your presentation should conclude with a summary describing the following concerns:
- Overall, why should health care managers be aware of this change and trend?
- What impact does this trend have on the stakeholder groups involved (e.g., patients, providers, administrators, third-party payers, legislators, etc.) for a specific organization specified (e.g., for profit, nonprofit, hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, etc.).
The information in this presentation will later be used as part of your Senior Project to set the context for the audience you select for a training program on the contemporary trend identified here.
Your presentation must include detailed speaker’s notes (i.e., at least 150 words) for each slide as well as a minimum of one to two scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library and one to two current, scholarly web sources.
Your presentation, and any citations used, must be in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Examples of scholarly web sources are available in this week’s recommended websites. These sources will also count toward the required sources for your Senior Project. Your presentation must be engaging and relevant to your audience. Lines of text on a slide will not be sufficient for this assignment. It should contain images, graphics, and/or multimedia that communicate your training program clearly to your audience. For tips on creating an excellent presentation, read this