Topic: The Biopsychosocial Paradigm
For this presentation, create an interesting and educational PowerPoint presentation, which contains a critical narrative that integrates aspects of the various theories with your individual sociocultural experiences.
To begin, create a PowerPoint presentation of four to five slides (excluding title and reference slides). Research each theory fully so that you can effectively synthesize information relevant to these topics. Your presentation must include at least three scholarly sources that are cited in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. For help with finding scholarly resources for your presentation view the tutorial on searching for articles from the Ashford University Library.
Please see the following instructions for creating your content.
- Select one of the following theories as your main focus and use it to compare the other two theories: the biopsychosocial paradigm, person in environment (PIE) perspective, and Bronfenbrenner’s ecological theory.
- Provide a discussion on how the environment impacts humans, including examples of how this theory shows that your environment impacts your life. Please do not include anything you are uncomfortable sharing with your instructor.
- Provide secondary summary slides with descriptions of the other two theories.
- Incorporate appropriate images, tables, graphs, or other visuals as necessary.
Please observe these general guidelines for your visual presentation. This link contains tips for creating effective slide presentations.
- Slides should be sequenced and organized clearly.
- Slides should show a clear and logical progression of ideas.
- Slides should include bullet points or short sentences, not dense paragraphs.
- Slides should include relevant visuals such as images, graphs, tables, data summaries, sound, and/or animation that enhance understanding of concepts, ideas, and relationships.
- Slides should include appropriately formatted APA citations for all information taken from your resources.
- The presentation as a whole should include a consistent theme, format, and font to assist with readability.
- Must be four to five slides (excluding title and reference slides).
- Must include a title slide with the following:
- Title of the presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- URL for your Screenr.com screencast presentation
- Must begin with a content slide that provides a summary of the main theory as it relates to an experience of how environment impacts life. A succinct thesis statement must be present, either in the text on the slide or clearly stated in the speaker’s voice over for the screencast.
- Must include slide(s) of the two perspectives of how environment impacts human beings.
- Must include example(s) of how the social/environmental perspective impacts one’s life, using each of these three perspectives. Use specific life experiences to demonstrate these impacts (e.g., a child with autism and Bronfenbrenner’s ecological theory). Who is affected by this disorder and how? Consider micro, mezzo, and macro levels.
- Must include images and text that tastefully convey the message presented on each slide.
- Must utilize Screenr.com to create a screencast video presentation that presents each slide in more detail.
- Must use at least three scholarly resources.