research a different npo client
Task 1: Choose and Research a Different NPO Client
In order to complete this task:
- Research several NPOs using these lists: lovetoknow or topnonprofits.
- Choose any other NPOs besides your client from week 2.
- Choose one (1) message or “big idea” that the NPO spreads to further its goals.
- Find 3 sources discussing the NPO’s focused message or “big idea.”
Non-profit organizations (NPOs) usually have a set of messages they deliver. For instance, the American Heart Association promotes several messages: exercise your heart, eat a healthy diet, don’t smoke, and donate to us, just to list a few. You will focus on one (1) message or “big idea” for this task.
You will select a NPO client and a single message to focus on. Finally, you will locate and post three (3) articles, ads, commercials, posters or other sources that explain your client’s message.
On the discussion board below, under the heading Task 1, post the name of your NPO client as well as a 2-3 sentence explanationof the message you selected. Finally, using active hyperlinks, share at least three sources. For each source, please give a short, one sentence explanation per source describing how the source explains or delivers the message for your NPO client.
Task 2: Media Creation
In order to complete this task:
- Review what you discovered about your client from task 1.
- From the list below, choose a media asset to create for your client.
- Decide which of their messages or ‘big ideas’ to deliver with your creation.
- Remember that you are not expected to be an expert media creator (this is just a simulation).
This assignment is another job simulation project for the MCT course. In this hypothetical job, you have been hired by a new client to create a media asset that can be used to deliver a message for a campaign. You selected the non-profit organization (NPO) that you’d like to have as your client for this project and you get to decide which of their messages you’d like to deliver with your creation.
Please do not copy, mimic or duplicate media assets already being used by your client- try to use all original content. You were not “hired” to reproduce campaigns they’ve already executed.
You will choose one of the following media assets to create for your client:
- 30 second video commercial: This would be aired on various cable networks. Assume the time limit is not flexible.This can be hosted on YouTube or other video hosting site.
- 3 different 10 second teaser video commercials: These would be three different, ten second videos that could be used as YouTube ads appearing at the beginning of trending videos. These often use several quick video elements blended together to grab the viewer’s attention. This can be hosted on YouTube or other video hosting site .
- 3 different 10 second audio commercials: These three different audio spots would be played during several popular podcasts or digital radio station shows. Assume the time limits are not flexible. These often use several audio elements blended together to grab the listener’s attention. This can be hosted on SoundCloud or other audio hosting site.
- Standard print ad collection: This collection of visual ads would be used for magazines, newspapers, billboards, buses, etc. Although the ads for a campaign would be displayed on different surfaces and contain different content, they are often similar in design. Submit 4 or more different pieces for this project. These can be hosted on imgur or other image/photo hosting site.
- Digital image ad collection: This collection of visual ads should include web based pieces like banner ads, pop-up ads, and pdf documents that could be used in an email campaign. Although the ads for a campaign would be displayed in different ways and contain different content, they are often similar in design. Submit 4 or more pieces for this project. These can be hosted on imgur or other image/photo hosting site.
The media assets you create should be designed with the sole purpose of promoting your client’s cause. Often, a non-profit organization has several messages or big ideas they promote. You will select one of these messages or big ideas to promote with your project.
You do not need to submit each asset in this list. You are only responsible for one of the assets listed above. In addition, this is a sandbox activity. In this certificate program you are not expected to be an expert asset creator. Select the asset you would be most comfortable with and do your best. If you are new to creating your chosen media asset, get started early so you have time to practice before creating this project.