This assignment is designed to give you a greater understanding of regulatory agencies and accreditation bodies, including their functions, public reporting requirements, and the how they impact quality and safety.
Select and evaluate a regulatory agency or accrediting body. TOPIC : DEHEC ( Department of Health & Environment Control). Be sure to cover the following:
- Discuss the history of the agency or body.
- Explain the reason for its existence.
- Summarize the agency’s public reporting of quality indicators:
- 1. Frequency.
- 2. Where they are reported
- 3. Why public reporting of these metrics is important
- Explain how the agency or body operates:
- 1. Current function
- 2. Organizational structure
- 3. Governance
- Analyze the impact the agency or body has on quality at each level of health care:
- 1. Health care organizations
- 2. Nursing practice
- 3. Patient care
Cite at least two sources in an APA-formatted reference page.
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation
- 875-word paper
- Another format approved by your instructor