This week, through our readings and discussion, we have looked at the importance of reflection, not just in working in groups, but also in our personal endeavors. Additionally, we have begun to explore the following course outcomes:
- read and extract information and ideas from a variety of texts; –Critical Thinking
- express, through writing and presenting, complex and well-researched ideas to a general audience; – Communication & Critical Thinking
- express a well-informed, personal viewpoint and show an understanding of his or her own biases. – Critical Thinking & Respect for Diversity
In your journal, reflect back on what you have learned so far through the course readings, assignments, and discussions (you are encouraged to reflect back on previous weeks as well). Answer each of the following questions to guide your reflection:
- What, if anything, did you find surprising, particularly challenging, or interesting?
- From what you know about this course so far, what connections can you make to previous learning experiences, and how do you think this course will help you as you move forward in your college and professional life?
- How do the course outcomes (listed above) for this week apply to your experience so far?
- What specific ideas did you learn from the Starbucks book this week that you could use in your every life or future career?
- What questions do you still need answered?