Within the Discussion Board area, write 200–300 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions with your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
This discussion has 2 components. Be sure to address each component fully.
- Differentiate among the following qualitative designs for your discussion. Make sure you include citations from/or referring to authors who are specialists in these methods. Your general methods texts are not sufficient to master these methods:
- Phenomenology (e.g. Georgi, Moustakas, etc.)
- Grounded theory (Glaser, Strauss, etc.)
- Ethnography (White, Benedict, Mead, etc.)
Include clear definitions of each in your responses.
- Case studies are often included in the discussions of qualitative design options.
- Why do you think this is so?
- Define case study research (Robert Yin, etc.).
- Explain why most case study research involves the collection of qualitative data.
Cite sources as appropriate.