please respond in complete sentences for each question unless directed to do otherwise demonstrating in your reply that you have read the material in order to receive full credit
Please respond in complete sentences for each question, unless directed to do otherwise, demonstrating in your reply that you have read the material in order to receive full credit.
Topic 1: Ethics, Ownership, and Copyright
Select and respond to one of the following questions:
- Is it ever ethical to crack digital rights management tools and why?
- Does file sharing / peer to peer services help or hurt digital media sales and why?
- Is it ever acceptable to misrepresent yourself online and why?
- Is an uploader or downloader legally responsible for breach of copyright and why?
- Is it fair for individuals who are economically less fortunate to be allowed access to software free of charge in order to ensure that they are provided with an equal technological advantage?
Topic 2: The Security Theatre
This week you watched The Security Mirage by Bruce Schneier!
What is “Security Theater”? Does it exist and if so, who benefits from it? What are the three variables described in the Schneier video and how do they interact with one another? Does this apply to Network Security and Privacy? How so?
Minimum Topic Response: Word Count = 70 (per topic). Your response is required to be AT LEAST 70 WORDS long. If your reply for this question is less than 70 words, you will lose points. You can use Microsoft Word to count the words in your response to make sure you have met the requirement.
NOTE 1: Please make sure you answer EACH item and LABEL each item (#1, #2, #3, etc) so that I can easily check that each item has been answered.
NOTE 2: Please do not attach a file to the conference–enter your reply into the text area provided.
NOTE 3: After you post your response, please review it to make sure it is formatted correctly and is easy to read.