Please answer TWO the following five questions
1. Discuss the content of most state laws regarding the reporting of abuse and neglect of children. What specific issues may the HIM professional face when handling the health records of these patients?
2. What exception does required reporting fall under in the HIPAA Privacy regulations?
3. Does the fact that a facility reports personally identifiable information about a patient through the required reporting process need to be included in the notice of privacy practices?
4. Do required reporting disclosures have to be included in the accounting of disclosures? If so, what are the options to do so? If not, what law or regulation provides this exception?
5. Is patient authorization needed when a facility reports information required by state or federal law? Is the information received by the state a public record in most cases?