Read the following article and answer these questions as a discussion.
1. In one paragraph: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE OPPRESSED? Are women oppressed? Why or why not?
2. Let’s think about this question?
- Is a woman sometimes oppressed simply because she is born a woman? Then can the same question apply to men? Is a man oppressed simply because he is born a man?
- We are talking about gender oppression. What does the Frye reading suggest about gender oppression?
- What is your opinion? Do you agree or disagree that men are oppressed because of their gender? Back up your opinion when possible.