- This discussion will be a reflection assignment. Citation is NOT required.
- Please watch the movie “Hungry for Change“ which can be found for rent on iTunes or Amazon Prime. It is also available on Hulu if you have a subscription. If you do not want to rent the movie, it can be found in the University Library for rental (overnight).
- As you watch the movie, please make note of the experts that are interviewed along with their credentials. Make note of any of your thoughts as well so that you can reference them for the discussion assignment.
- After watching “Hungry for Change”, I would like for you to watch “Battling Bad Science” by Ben Goldacre. (Links to an external site.)
- After viewing both videos, create a new discussion and compare your thoughts.
Things to consider for your discussion
- What were you initial thoughts about the movie “Hungry for Change”?
- How do you feel about the research that was presented in “Hungry for Change”?
- What are your thoughts on the experts? Name at least ONE expert from the film, do some research on them, and then discuss their credentials.
- What do you think about the TED talk? Did your views about “Hungry for Change” differ after watching Ben Goldacre speak?
- Reflect back on the articles you read last week. After watching Ben Goldacre, did your views about either of the articles you read last week change? If so, in what way?
Remember, treat this assignment as you would any written assignment. Please do not use web short hand (ie. lol, idk…). Check your spelling and grammar as well!
Your post should be at least 2-3 paragraphs and will be graded according to the posted rubric.