Research paper! Topic: Narcolepsy
– Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder characterized by excessive sleepiness, sleep paralysis, hallucinations, and in some cases episodes of cataplexy (partial or total loss of muscle control, often triggered by a strong emotion such as laughter).
The paper assignment must include the following structure and it must comply with APA written standards:
- Title page (1)
- Abstract page (1)
- Content pages (5)
- Conclusion page (1)
- And Reference page (1).
Therefore, there must be a minimum of nine (9) pages per project.
- You must include at least three (3) professional journal articles (Primary Sources) from the FNU Database for journals in Psychology. Include in-text citations for any information taken, quoted or paraphrased from references sources.
- Use APA citation style in the body of your paper so I know where the information came from (like your text does). This is the (Author, date) you see in your text. It gives credit to original author’s research and are alphabetized by the author’s last name.
This is the Database link to properly access and submit your three (3) professional psychology journals as a requirement for the Research paper on the Reference page. http://www.lirn.net/databases/
- Go to the link above to go to the database link.
- The Access code is 24439.
- Scroll down and search for the Psychology category.
- Then, click on Psychology Database and search for your Research topic to choose your three (3) journals.
- Finally, type the topic of your choice on the Search space and click enter.
- You must choose three (3) journals related to your topic you were previously assigned in class!!!
Some students are requesting aspects to be developed in the Research paper project. These are some of the aspects you may utilize as a guide:
· Why the name of the disorder / concept or definition.
· Criteria to be followed in order to be diagnosed with this specific disorder.
· Different types
· Treatment plans for short-term goals and long-term goals
· Tips or suggestions on how to overcome the disorder
· Parenting skills to help the individuals
· Evidence-based therapies for specific disorder