***Revision: Looking for someone to be STRONG in APA format. I have provided the screenshot of the edits that need to made to the paper. Please read ALL attachments and screenshots to understand what revisions need to be made.
Use the Stakeholder Matrix Template to complete an analysis of relevant stakeholders in the organization related to recommendations regarding an organization’s EHR or HIM systems that you made in your first assessment. You will also be asked to create a 3–5-page report detailing your stakeholder analysis and proposing potential ways to create buy-in and overcome obstacles for implementing your recommendations.
Health information technology and electronic health records (EHR) can become overwhelming to health care staff at any organization. As technology advances, so do the challenges. A big challenge for managers is creating a buy-in, or an acceptance of the health information management (HIM) system by the end users (staff). It is important for health care managers to understand who the stakeholders are and what best practices help create a consensus for positive use of HIM technology throughout the organization. In this assessment, you will have the opportunity to assess common stakeholders as it relates to HIM systems. You will also research and explain the best practices needed for ensuring a smooth transition from implementation to the end-user experience. It is important for managers to understand concepts of efficient resource allocation as they look forward to making the end-user experience seamless. To do so, health care managers must have a strong understanding of how HIM impacts each and every stakeholder.
Competency 1: Apply emerging models or best practices to implement a health information system that improves operations and patient outcomes. (L8.4, L12.2, L14.3)By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Explain the process used to arrive at recommendations related to health information management system.
- Develop value statements for relevant stakeholder groups related to critical success factors and recommendations related to a health information management system.
- Competency 2: Analyze administrative, clinical, management, and decision-support information technology tools. (L12.1, 12.2, 14.3)
- Describe the relevant stakeholders related to an impact analysis.
- Describe a timeline for implementing recommendations related to a health information management system.
- Competency 3: Apply best practices relative to the financial assessments and decisions required for the implementation of health information systems. (L 8.1, 8.2, 8.4)
- Analyze the impact of recommendations on relevant stakeholders and an organization with relation to considerations such as patient outcomes, new training, resource allocation, and workflow changes.
- Competency 4: Apply evidence to influence buy-in from all stakeholders. (L10.5)
- Analyze best practices to overcome barriers in creating buy-in from stakeholders and implementation related to recommendations.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in health care administration. (L6.1, L6.2, L6.3, and L6.4)
- Communicate analysis of stakeholders and value of recommendations in a manner that is clear and concise.
- Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style
In order to understand the role of an EHR or HIM manager, it is necessary to be aware of the various stakeholders impacted by the health information systems and tools, including workflow processes, training needs, and resource allocation. Improving your knowledge and skill in these areas can help you become competent at collaborating with stakeholders when implementing system changes. It is important to be cognizant of the impact of changes to stakeholders and how those changes can bring value to the organization.
Questions to Consider
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as a part of your assessment. · What considerations are of most value to stakeholders in terms of process flow and resource allocation?
- How can the needs and challenges of a stakeholder be addressed?
· How would you coordinate a training program that includes current best practices?
· What are the relevant best practices for designing and implementing workflow changes?
· What are the relevant best practices for resource allocation with regards to health information technology?
· How can you leverage evidence and best practices to create buy-in and overcome barriers or resistance to implementing new processes or tools? Assignment Instruction
This assessment should be completed third.
Refer to the Vila Health: Value and Evidence-Based Recommendations and Vila Health: Analysis of an EHR System media simulations that you have been using throughout this course. The intended audience for this analysis will be of the stakeholder groups presented in the media simulation.
You have been asked to complete a stakeholder analysis as it relates to informing stakeholders about the process for how you came to your recommendations you previously made regarding the EHR or HIM system at Independence Medical Center. Another aspect of the analysis is to summarize the impact of your recommendations on stakeholder groups and strategies for overcoming barriers related to implementing your recommendations.
Before you begin your analysis, you should consider or complete the following:
· Review the Vila Health scenarios paying close attention to the various stakeholders, their needs, and the challenges they face.
· Review the Stakeholder Matrix Template. You will be completing this as a part of your assessment. So, make sure you understand the types of information you will need to input.
· Research best practices for collaborating with stakeholders to create buy-in and overcome barriers or resistance to implementing new processes or tools in health care settings.
· Research training strategies.
· Research best practices for resource allocation with regards to health information technology.
· Research best practices for designing and implementing workflow changes.
For this assessment, you will analyze the stakeholders that Vila Health Independence Medical Center must recognize as it adjusts to, changes, upgrades and implements your recommendations to the EHR or HIM systems. You will want to refer to the recommendations you made in the first assessment as well as any feedback that you have received from your instructor.
For this deliverable, you will write a 3–5-page executive summary detailing your previous recommendations and how you timeline for them. Additionally, you will analyze how your recommendations impact considerations such as resource allocation, training, and workflow changes, as well as best practices for overcoming implementation barriers. Finally, you will complete the Stakeholder Matrix Template, and align critical success factors with the primary internal and external stakeholders. Include a value statement for each stakeholder (A value statement meets the needs and values of each key decision maker. See example in the Stakeholder Matrix Template.)
For this assessment, you will be evaluated on the following criteria:
· Describe the relevant stakeholders related to an impact analysis.
· Explain the process used to arrive at recommendations related to a health information management system.
· Describe a timeline for implementing recommendations related to a health information management system.
· Analyze the impact of recommendations on relevant stakeholders and an organization with relation to considerations such as patient outcomes, new training, resource allocation, and workflow changes.
· Analyze best practices to overcome barriers in creating buy-in from stakeholders and implementation related to recommendations.
· Develop value statements for relevant stakeholder groups related to critical success factors and recommendations related to a health information management system.
- This criterion relates to the Stakeholder Matrix Template.
· Communicate analysis of stakeholders and value of recommendations in a manner that is clear and concise.
· Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Your analysis should meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to the current APA style and formatting standards.
· Number of resources: 3–5 peer-reviewed resources from scholarly journal articles.
· Length: 3–5 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding the title page and reference page. You do not need to write an abstract for this assessment. Include the Stakeholder Matrix Template as an Appendix.
· Appendix: Include stakeholder chart and value statements as an appendix to your analysis.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.**I have attached the two completed assignment for your review so the same organization follows. Also please follow APA format and DO NOT PLAGIARIZE.