A case study of methods of transport planning process and highway planning strategies in Oman.
. The report must include and discuss but not limited to the following
· The importance of transportation in the national life with the statistics that demonstrate the importance of transportation including the transportation history.
· The major detrimental effects that are directly related to the construction and use of our highway transportation system.
· Characteristics of urban transport in Oman (Modes of transportation).
· Transportation Planning Organization (Administration, The transport planning framework, Missions of transport institutions, Relationships among transport institutions )
· Transport development in Oman (the transportation system, the increase in number transportation user, the classification of highway system).
· The methods of transport planning process and highway planning strategies
· The forms of environmental impact analysis documentation.
· The basic issues that should be considered prior to selection of an evaluation procedure and the basic criteria used for evaluating transportation alternatives their units.