Industry Standards, assignment help
The use of voluntary consensus standards such as Health Level Seven (HL-7) are developed by accredited Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs) such as the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). These standards are necessary to facilitate interoperability between health information systems. For this assignment, you will use a web based tool to generate a word cloud of common health information standards and SDOs. You will also define each term and select and justify what you feel are the three most important terms.
- Go to Wordle (http://www.wordle.net/) and read the frequently asked questions (FAQ) page to get started. You must include all the words/acronyms below in your Wordle.
- ANSI, HL-7, W3C, UMLS, ASTM, MeSH, ISO, SGML, XML.
- Add at least three additional related acronyms found on the Incits web page (http://www.incits.org/).
- Select the three standards you think are the most important and make them appear bigger in your Wordle (hint: read the Wordle FAQ).
- Copy and paste your Wordle into a Microsoft Word document.
- Research each of the words/acronyms from above and create a table in Microsoft Word. In your table match the standard with the correct SDO.
- Start a new paragraph and define each of the acronyms above and relate the standard to how it is used.
- Explain the role of the standard in healthcare operations.
- Explain why the three standards you selected are the most important.
- Must be two to three pages in length, excluding title and references pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that explains the importance of using common standards in health care.
- Utilize a minimum of three scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Must end with a conclusion that explains what you learned in this assignment.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.