Use the SWOT Analysis worksheet provided to complete this assignment.
Review the SWOT Analysis PowerPoint® prior to completing this assignment.
Based on the review of the Stevens District Hospital Strategic Planning Scenario, conduct a SWOT analysis to generate a list of perceived strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for the hospital.
- Strengths and weaknesses are traits internal to the hospital (i.e., strong physician loyalty to hospital, aging building, and availability of financial resources).
- Opportunities and threats are external to the hospital, such as a mall facility available for lease or a competitor hospital opening two physician practices in your market.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word analysis that incorporates the key components of a SWOT analysis for the scenario described in Week One to generate a list of perceived strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. The analysis will include the following:
- Analyze the purpose of conducting the analysis in the context of the scenario.
- Analyze the limitations and advantages of conducting a SWOT analysis on your own (vs. with a group of stakeholders).
- Use the table provided to record your analysis of the information from the strategic planning scenario and generate two factors for each of the SWOT categories (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats).
Cite at least 1 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar reference to support your assignment.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.