For your initial post, address the discussion questions associated with option you were assigned. For your responses, select two classmates who were assigned different options than you. Respond to at least two classmates using the required response prompt for their option (e.g., if your initial post was Option 1, then respond to posts from Option 2 and 3 or if your initial post was Option 2, then respond to posts from Option 1 and 3). Your initial post should be at least 250 words; your response post should be at least 100 words.
Option 1: Internal Review Board (IRB) Case Studies
- Review each of the six IRB case studies from Yale University.
- Select one case and describe it in your discussion post. Indicate in your post which case number you are using.
- Discuss why you believe the determination was made and whether you believe it was the right or wrong decision.
- Support your view with at least two scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library. Your initial response should be at least 250 words.
Below are three examples (see attached documents) of commonly used informed consent forms.
- Review one of them and identify the five requirements within that consent form; explain where and how each element is noted within the actual form itself.
- Then, analyze the purpose for such consent forms from both the patient’s and organization’s viewpoints.
Your paper should be two to three pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages; include at least two scholarly sources, in addition to the text; and be written in APA format.