geology term paper
GEOLOGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
The objectives of the term paper are for students t
1) Share intellectual findings of a major theme in
environmental geology with their instructor.
2) Gain experience writing a well-structured, gramm
atically correct, concise, coherent paper.
3) Learn how to locate journal articles and other s
4) Learn how to properly extract, use, and cite wor
k that is not your own.
Papers should be between 1400-1500 words (including
in 12-pt font and in an appropriate style (Times Ne
w Roman, Arial, etc.).
: Write for a college audience who have taken this
Your paper must include:
1) Your name and a short title that provides the es
sence of the paper.
2) Introduction: Make sure the introduction clearly
defines the overall direction of the paper.
3) Body: Paragraphs that are linked together and fl
4) Conclusion: A paragraph or two that tie the whol
e paper together.
5) In-text citations/references: In your text, you
must cite at least
which must be from journal articles
(e.g., “landforms in this valley are predominantly
fluvial in origin. (Smith et al. 2014).”
6) Reference list: Use standard reference list form
at, such as one from a journal of your choice.
If you have, any questions please feel free to come
to my office or contact me at: