Select an ecosystem in your area (forest, lake, river, estuary, desert, grassland within 50 miles of your house.). This ecosystem must have a specific name.
Write a 850- to 900-word paper explaining the following:
NOTE: I live in Houston, Texas
- Introduction – Tell the reader what the paper will cover.
- Describe the structure of your ecosystem including important abiotic features and dominant plant and animal species.
- Explain some functions/processes of your ecosystem including one nutrient cycle and one food chain.
- Explain how people affect your ecosystem. For example, how your neighbors faithful application of fertilizer to beautify his/her lawn affects your nutrient cycle.
- Explain how urban areas with lots of pavement, impervious surfaces and compacted soils affect at least one aspect of the hydrologic cycle in your ecosystem
- Give two examples of species interactions (predation, competition, mutualism, etc.) that occur in your ecosystem
- Identify an invasive species in your ecosystem. Explain its effects on the ecosystem and efforts to control or eradicate it.
- Conclusion – Summarize the content of your paper
Use an Introduction, Section Headings (APA Level 1 & 2) to identify each of your numbered items, and a Conclusion in your paper.
Include three peer reviewd references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.