need one and half page with references for each discussion
topic 3 DQ 1
Select two of the following discussion questions for your discussion response. Indicate which questions you have chosen using the format displayed in the “Discussion Forum Sample.”
- Explain how acid-base physiology leads to the regulation of fluid balance and extra cellular pH.
- What is the equation for the carbonic acid/bicarbonate buffering system? How do actions at the lungs and kidneys affect this equation and thus compensate for alterations in plasma pH levels?
- How do changes in plasma osmolality affect the physiology of erythrocytes?
Answer both of the following discussion questions for your discussion response.
- What, in your opinion, is the most dangerous electrolyte imbalance and why? Explain the pathophysiology of the imbalance.
- Disease processes can cause an array of fluid and electrolyte imbalances. What does a nurse practitioner need to consider when treating various diseases? When a patient has hemodynamic instability associated with orthostatic hypotension, what treatment is considered to provide stability?