Dimension/Criteria 1: Comprehends basic health and wellness concepts and facts
Wellness Plan Component #1:
- Describe your personal definition of health and wellness. Include your personal identification of risk factors that may impact your health and wellness.
- Identify personal dimensions important for personal health and wellness (examples include physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, social, occupational, financial, and intellectual dimensions).
Dimension/Criteria 2: Understand the interrelationships among the dimensions of health and wellness
Wellness Plan Component #2:
Dimension/Criteria 3: Explore societal and cultural relationships with health and wellness using a diverse and global perspective
Wellness Plan Component #3:
In a minimum of two (2) well-developed paragraphs respond to the following:
- If you needed health care, how would you respond to the need and what would your expectations be?
- In a health care situation, what would role would your family play in the situation?
Dimension/Criteria 4: Demonstrate personal health and wellness values
Wellness Plan Component #4:
Establish a wellness plan, including a realistic timeline over the next five (5) years for developing life-long habits that demonstrate your commitment to a healthy lifestyle. Include, at a minimum, the following:
- Physical fitness
- Stress management
- Health promotion behaviors/choices (examples include routine health screenings, choices related to alcohol/tobacco use)
- Resources to enhance your ability to reach your health and wellness goals (examples include identifying a personal support system, joining a fitness club, taking a nutrition class, connecting with a mentor, keeping a personal journal)
The plan should include identification of personal S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound) goals that will bring you closer to your definition of health.
Dimension/Criteria 5: Accept personal responsibilities; demonstrate the ability to make informed choices regarding lifelong wellness strategies
Wellness Plan Component #5
- In a minimum of three (3) well developed paragraphs, reflect upon what you have discovered about yourself related to the topics that have been discussed in class about health and wellness.
- Please discuss the Do What You Are assignment and what that revealed to you.
- Identify personal beliefs that are important to you. Take into consideration family tendencies and how you are going to modify your life to decrease the risks of health problems related to those tendencies.
(*Note: The e-portfolio required in this course will also demonstrate meeting Criteria 5 for The Enduring Foundations General Education Program Outcome 10.)