SEPARATE EACH DISUCSSION POST
Many companies today are concerned with social responsibility. They may pursue philanthropic activities and/or strive to be ethical. Your goal for this assignment is to evaluate the company you currently work for or a company of your choice and find out where the business of your choice stands, along the lines of social responsibility.
- How does your company encourage their employees to do volunteer work?
- Is there a specific organization such as Habitat for Humanity that your company of choice supports or encourages their employees to volunteer or become involved in.
- Are the corporate volunteers paid for their efforts, perhaps through designated volunteer days or hours?
- What do the companies receive for their efforts to be good community citizens?
- How does the ability to perform volunteer work on company time affect employee perception of the company?
- Lastly what are your thoughts on corporate social responsibility?
Retirement and Estate Planning
When should you start to think about retirement and estate planning? When should you start taking action? Why? Have you already started taking steps toward retirement? If so, when and why? If not, when do you plan to begin? Why?