How do media conglomerates represent the historical and present ideas of consolidation and convergence? Chose one corporate media conglomerate from the list below:
- The Walt Disney Company
- The Washington Post Company
- The Tribune Company
Briefly analyze its ownership history and holdings, and the structure and strategy of those holdings (e.g., vertical integration, horizontal integration, or something else):
- Trace one of its media properties and analyze how its structure/strategy allows the corporation to maximize this property (e.g., Disneyâ€™s acquisition of Marvel), as well as the myriad ways it employs and distributes that property.
- Evaluate the role this conglomerate plays in media concentration, and assess whether this concentration benefits or harms the audience and the public interest at large. Explain your assessment.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Feel free to use the readings from this or any other module, in addition to incorporating at least two to three scholarly sources not used in this course.
- Make your paper 3-4 pages in length, not including the cover and reference pages.
- Format your document according to the APA format