Success Strategies Paper
Nursing requires the nurse to have knowledge, clinical reasoning and creativity. The process of acquiring these skills starts in your nursing program and is a life-long process. Success as a nursing student is dependent on the students maximizing their strengths and improving upon their weaknesses. This assignment is designed for the student to examine his/her strengths and weaknesses and reflect on strategies employed for success. (CLO 7)
1. The paper is composed of the following sections:
Strengths, weaknesses, and study strategies reflection
2. Utilize APA formatting and style throughout the paper.
3. The final paper scoring will be based on the rubric.
4. A minimum of 2 valid sources must be used. Valid and reliable sources for this assignment are journal
based literature and valid and reliable websites. A minimum of 1 source must be a journal article. Sources
such as textbooks, Wikipedia, and a dictionary are not acceptable as the 2 minimum resources.
5. The ideas expressed should be supported with the literature.
6. The paper should be 2 to 3 pages in length.
7. See the Course Schedule (Appendix A) for the due date of the paper.
8. The paper should be submitted to OWL prior to submission.
9. A librarian should be consulted with any difficulties finding or retrieving articles.
1. Review the literature related to learning styles, student success, and study strategies.
2. Evaluate yourself in the following areas:
• Library research
• Problem solving
• Decision making
• Strategic planning
• Learning style(s)
• Time management
3. Based on reflection of the above listed areas, complete a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities, and threats). The SWOT analysis can be done on the template found on the following page.
Include the SWOT table with your submission.
4. Based on reflection of the above topics, select one or three areas that you feel you feel are your areas that you most need to improve on to ensure success in the BSN program and identify strategies you may use.
to improve upon the identified areas of weakness.
5. Reflect on a new strategy that you plan to utilize this semester in your courses. Describe how you will go about implementing the strategy.
SWOT Analysis Worksheet
FILLER TEXTFILLER TEXTFILLER TEXTFILLER TEXT
• Academically, what do you do well?
• What resources can you use to be academically successful?
• What do others see as your academic strengths?
• What could you do to improve your academic success?
• What resources do you feel you are lacking to be academically successful?
• What are others likely to see as academic weaknesses?
• What opportunities are open to you for academic success?
• What trends can you take advantage of contributed to your academic success?
• How can you turn your strengths into academic opportunity?
• What threats could harm your academic success?
• What are the barriers to your academic success?
• What threats to your weaknesses expose you to that could prevent academic success?