You have been asked to create a quality improvement (QI) program that involves 1 specified organizational process such as patient care improvement, patient satisfaction, surgical error prevention, medical error prevention, patient scheduling systems, and so forth.
Complete the following:
- Provide specific details of the organization including at least the following:
- Scope or type of personnel
- Services or products provided
- Patient demographics
- Analyze the pros and cons of the quality improvement program that you are proposing for the organizational process that you identified.
- Justify the need for this program, and detail all of the program specifics, including a time line from launch to evaluation.
- Develop a communication plan for the quality improvement program.
- Assess the ethical and legal issues involved with the program, including consideration of at least the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Summarize the program with a synopsis that includes information on the who, what, when, where, how, and why criteria. NOTE:Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS.
- ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice.
- BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3-4 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.