28th amendment to the u s constitution 1
28th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
Your assignment is to develop the 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution. Since the founding of our country, thousands of amendments have been discussed and/or introduced in Congress. However, very few proposed amendments ever receive a committee hearing or are put to a vote in Congress.
What amendment would you make to the Constitution? What issue do you think is of national importance that needs to be addressed by the Constitution? You can draft your own original amendment or modify one that has previously been proposed to Congress. If you need some ideas, simply google “amendment ideas” and I believe you will find some. Also, this website lists some interesting ideas: http://www.usconstitution.net/constamprop.html (Links to an external site.)
Your paper must do the following:
- Propose the actual language of your 28th Amendment, with a brief summary of what your amendment will actually do if ratified.
- Offer three key justifications as to why this issue is of national importance and should be ratified, while addressing any criticisms that may exist of your proposal.
- Include a concluding summary.
- Use at least three credible sources, with proper citations both within your paper and at the end.
Guidelines for your assignment:
- Your paper can be no longer than three pages, must be double spaced, and use no smaller than a 10-point font.
- Your name must appear at the top of the paper.
- The proper citation of your three sources should be on a fourth page, not counted in the three-page limit.
- Plagiarism is not tolerated and will result in disciplinary action as defined in the syllabus.
Grading of your assignment:
- Do you clearly articulate your proposed amendment, and its purpose and intent? Is your proposal of relevant national importance? (15 points)
- Are your justifications well stated and responsive to criticisms, including statistics, quotes, and sources? (45 points)
- Do you utilize and properly cite at least three credible sources in your paper? Is your paper free of grammatical errors? Does it follow the paper guidelines? Does it have a logical flow to it? (15 points)